Getting exposed to the sun early in the morning is beneficial in one way or another. As some research studies show, it elevates your mood, improves your sleep, promotes bone growth, and boosts your immune system.
But on the other side of the spectrum, excessive sun exposure can be detrimental to your health. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can reach your skin, accelerate aging, and even lead to cancer. As it’s easy for the UV rays to penetrate your windows, you must find ways to protect you and your family even within the comfort of your home!
In this article, we’ll share with you how the sun’s UV rays can pose a danger to your health, and how installing window films in your residential property can help.
How UV rays can pose a danger
The sun’s UV rays aren’t good for your skin; in fact, numerous studies have shown and proven how they can pose a danger to your well-being. Below are two problems that can potentially surface out of excessive sun exposure.
- Skin aging: An article published in Clinical Interventions in Aging showed that eight women and two men had more wrinkles and sagging skin on one side of their faces exposed to the windows. The researchers found that the wrinkles around the eyes and the cheeks were worse, and the skin texture was also rougher.
The UVA-exposed sides of these faces also look duller, dryer, and slacker. Ultimately, the study revealed that UV exposure leads to skin aging!
- Skin cancer: Did you know that more people are diagnosed with skin cancer each year than all other cancers combined? That’s according to the Skin Cancer Foundation!
While the sun is good for your health in general, cumulative exposure to the harmful UV rays can lead to skin cancer. In fact, one in five people will develop skin cancer by the time they are 70 years old. That is why November 18 to 24 has been declared as the National Skin Cancer Action Week due to the increase in skin cancer cases!
How window films can be beneficial
Given the harm caused by the UV rays, protecting your skin is imperative, even if you’re indoors. The good thing is that there are various ways to protect yourself and block the sun’s rays from entering your home.
One way to do so is to install window films. In fact, certain window film types work wonders in blocking the sun’s harmful rays—with some boasting UV blocking of up to 99%! Furthermore, here’s how they can be all the more beneficial to the whole household:
- They ward off dangerous UV rays and block 70% of the solar heat.
- They prevent the sun’s glare from entering your home and stop causing distractions.
- They provide your home with added layers of protection for security.
- They offer you some privacy while still allowing you to have a view of the outdoors.
- They enhance the curb appeal of your residential property.
At this point, you now know how the sun’s UV rays can be harmful to you and your family, particularly if and when exposed to them regularly and excessively. For this reason, it helps to install window films as a way to block the UV rays and prevent them from getting into your home.
Apart from this main benefit, you’ll also be able to take advantage of the films’ temperature control, privacy and security, and aesthetic value. With all these, you have all the good reasons to install window films for your residential property!
Are you looking to protect you and your family from the harmful UV rays? Let us provide you with quality window films! We’re one of the leading suppliers of premier films in Australia with a wide range of products that fit any fixture. Get in touch with us today to get a quote now!