Residential window tinting comes with plenty of benefits for any home or office. This is why many homeowners, in particular, consider installing window films during the summer heat.
For one, window films can make your windows thicker and provide some coverings, giving you added privacy and security. Two, they prevent heat from getting in your home, which regulates your home’s temperature and reduces energy use. Three, they can protect your family and valuables at home from the harmful sun’s glare and UV rays. Finally, they can enhance the beauty of your windows and the overall look of your home.
Seeing that summer is not too far away, installing window tints at home is an excellent idea. In the following section, we’ll cover the three primary types of residential window tinting so that you can make a more informed decision. Keep on reading as well to get some valuable tips when looking for window tints from window film suppliers.
Types of residential window tinting
Before we get into the top tips in choosing the right residential window tinting, let’s first explore the three basic types of window tinting, such as the following:
- Decorative film: As the name suggests, this window tint is installed for decorations. Perfect examples of this include obscure films, such as frosting and etching. Its main goal is to change and enhance the look of the glass. There is a wide range of colours, patterns, and styles for your choosing.
- Solar film: This window tint is installed to protect your home against the sun. As you are aware, the sun emits harmful UV rays and distracting glares. This tinting option is believed to block the dangerous UV rays by up to 95 per cent, and protect your home from the sun’s glare, making you all the more comfortable at home.
- Security film: This window tint is installed to provide safety and security at home. This is because the film is said to be the thickest of all types, preventing burglars from breaking in through your windows and protecting your house from storm damage.
Top tips in choosing a residential window tinting
At this point, we’ll share with you a few tips when choosing residential window tinting for summer. Take note of the following:
- Familiarise yourself with the various options of window films. Based on the options mentioned above, solar film is ideal for summer.
- Get some recommendations from friends, family, or colleagues to see where you can get window tints. You can also search online to see some prospects in the area.
- Make sure to deal with a highly reputable window film supplier that can properly install your window tints as well.
- Consider the overall cost of the material and installation. Strive to strike a balance between affordability and quality.
At this point, you now have a good idea as to which window film option to invest in. Make sure to follow some of the valuable tips outlined above. For all you know, something as simple as the right residential window tint can protect you and your family from the sun, help the whole household get through the hot summer and help you save up on your energy bill as well.
We have been providing wholesale films to the tinting industry since 1985. If you are looking for wholesale window tints in Australia, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!